Thursday, March 21, 2013

Assignment 3 - Blog:Renaissance Band

                                    The E.E. Band 

The three instruments that I chose for my band is the harp the Gemshorn and the Dulcimer. What I like about all three instruments are the Rhythm, Tempo and Melody. To me the harp and dulcimer sound a little alike except the harp has a more rough sound but still smooth and the dulcimer is really smooth. I think they would sound great together. The gemshorn sound like a flute and has a nice melody to it so it would give a nice pitch sound to the other two instruments. On the harp each string of the harp is attached to a wooden peg or metal pin. Strings are tuned by adjusting these pegs or pins. The harp belongs to the string family. The gemshorn shape is determined naturally because it is made from the horn of a chamois or ox. The gemshorn belongs to the woodwind family. The dulcimer often had one or two bridges over which the strings crossed providing the opportunity for more pitches. The hammers are held between the index and middle fingers. I decided to select these three instruments because they have a nice melody, tempo, rhythm harmony and they could be played to make a song for a child to fall asleep to.

2 comments:

  1. Nice job, Elvira. I love your descriptions, and the idea that this combination could make a nice lullaby. Can you think of a good name for your band?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Elvira, I totally missed that the band name was in the title!

    ReplyDelete