Thursday, March 7, 2013

       Assignment 3 - Blog: Response to the Play
      
    I am going to see a play about two people who are in love but cannot be together because there families dislike each other. I it’s a terrible tragedy. I went and saw Romeo and Juliet the one written by William Shakespeare. I was so confused about the play. I thought how beautiful women can fall in love with a man that she has only known for a few days.
  The play house that we were in was very niece. We sat on benches and it was much crowed. Play is about young women who meets a young men and fall in love with each other but cannot be together because their families are enemies. Juliet is a Capulet and Romeo is a Montague. They must never be seen together or they can be killed.
  I would not want to be with boy because I am a lady and ladies do not be with other men and I want to faithful to my husband. But Juliet must marry another men named Paris,because he is a capulet and that is what her father wants. Instead Juliet goes behind her father’s back and marries Romeo. When the day came for her to marry Paris Juliet drank a poison that would make her sleep and seem as if she were dead. When Romeo got the news of her death he went to see her;not knowing she was dead he drank a poison and he died, Juliet did not want to live without him so she drank the same poison that Romeo did and she took her life. It was so sad to see them die. But I would not want to die for someone that I have not know for very long.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Elvira. I really like all the details about the play, and your take is so interesting. Why would a woman fall in love with someone she barely knows? Most people who see or read the play just take the idea of "love at first sight" for granted. You wonder if it's really true love if they haven't known each other for that long.

    ReplyDelete